Saturday, August 29, 2009

New Life- New World

So, I decided to start a blog. I figured it would be easier to keep those across the world updated on what, when, where and how things happen here in New Zealand :)

It's Saturday night here. The weather still has a chill in it- but I am told that spring is just around the corner! Oh, lovely thought :)  

Who would have thought that such a beautiful place would be a place out of my comfort zone? 

The town we live in is a small dairy farming community. Imagine: Havana, FL! ((ha)) Dairy farming is BIG here in New Zealand, so there are farms everywhere. Its calving season right now-- so everyone is busy. I really enjoy the farm animals. Being kissed by a baby lamb pretty sweet--- Calves just being born is pretty cool too-- although quite funny when they cant stand up right away! I cant wait to go milking-- I think my mom is jealous that I will do that.

I haven't had a good excuse to play in the mud since I was a little girl. When it rains, it pours and there is ALOT of mud on the farms here. I always *thought I was a country girl--- but I soon realized that a Florida girl can't really label herself country (even with a country accent). 

I am still trying to *find my fit/place-- waiting on God to show me *exactly* how he wants to use me here. Working with Will in the Youth Ministry is awesome. We continue to have new youth and I believe they really enjoy Friday night youth group. We have just started the Youth Alpha course on Sunday nights as well. 

No pets. No children-- although I still plead for an Alpaca in our HUGE backyard.  We just moved house so I am enjoying decorating and making it feel more like "home". Sometimes Will doesnt understand my *decorating sense/abilities, but thats ok--> he's still learning :)